Top Questions From Clients Choosing a Satellite Service
Can I get as much bandwidth as I need?
Yes. Most requirements can be easily met on one of our two service networks and using small VSAT antennas. From backing up an office on a business continuity plan to high quality HD live video transmission for broadcasters we have a service plan to meet your needs. And our network has plenty of overflow capacity to multiple sources so you can feel comfortable knowing we always have enough bandwidth.
How much does satellite Internet cost?
Satellite Internet rates are determined by the following factors.
How much bandwidth you need to access. Do you need 512 Kb/s or 10 Mb/s?
How long you need to access the time for. 15 minutes or a full week?
How frequently you need to access the time. Plans that provide everyday access are generally priced more economicallythan occasional rates.
Are you on a shared satellite network (TDMA) or a dedicated (SCPC) link?
The Service Level Agreement you require of the service
Can you provide me with both the satellite equipment I need and the service?
Absolutely. We provide turnkey solutions including hardware, satellite space and any communications engineering services required to integrate your new system into your workflows.
Does satellite Internet work the same as the Internet I am used to?
Yes, it mostly does. Because of "satellite delay" (the physical time it takes for a signal to travel over 46,000 miles from the earth, to the satellite and back) there are some applications which may work differently but nearly every application will work fine. We can help you evaluate which of your applications need a litle extra TLC to ensure that your systems work quickly and reliably.
Questions You Should Ask a Satellite Service Provider BEFORE You Sign A Contract
- What is your coverage area?
- What do I need to do to change geographic locations?
- Do you support EVERYTHING you sell?
- What kind of technical support do you offer? will I be charged for after hours time or for hardware troubleshooting?
- Do you have a support line specifically for commercial clients?
- How are your support staff trained?
- How will you ensure adequate space is available in the event of a natural disaster or major event?
- Do you have a backup satellite? How will you handle outages?
- What kind of assurances do I have about the quality of the link and the availability of space?
- Which other satellites can I use the equipment I am purchasing on?